Software Compatibility and Artwork Formats
Hardware and software compatible with Adobe Illustrator®, Adobe Photoshop® and Adobe InDesign®
Vector art in Adobe Illustrator® is recommended. Other acceptable file formats are; EPS, PDF, and PSD. File formats of poor quality may require reproduction charges. Images placed in Microsoft Word® documents, taken from websites or faxed are not acceptable.
File Set Up
- Set art to 100 percent of the final tag or label size. Minimum 600 dpi raster images required.
- Extend bleeds 1/16” beyond die-cut edge.
- Extend bleed borders a minimum of 1/16” both inside and outside die-cut edge.
- Position type/images at least 1/16” from the die-cut edge.
- Crop images to size in native application.
Include all fonts used in art files supplied for any copy change needs. Fonts must be OSX compatible. This includes; Type1 Postscript, True Type or Open Type.
If fonts are not provided and/or are converted to Outlines, (Outline text can’t be modified) the closest matching font will be substituted.
A pdf proof or fax document will be provided for signed approval. The job will proceed after proof approval.
- Trap 1 pt.
- Minimum positive type, 4 pt.
- Minimum positive rule, .5 pt.
- Min dot 1%, Max dot 97%
- UPC bar width reduction, .0004”
- Minimum reverse type, 6 pt.
- Minimum reverse rule, 1 pt.
- Line screen 133 lines per inch
- UPC minimum size requirements 1” width, 4” height
Submitting Artwork Files
Submit artwork files through our SelfService portal.
We also accept CDs, which may be mailed to 2361 Industrial Drive, Neenah, WI 54956, attention Cathy Dougherty,